Statement of Faith
1. We believe the Holy Bible, both Old and New Testaments, to be the inspired Word of God, without error in the original
writings, the complete revelation of His will for the salvation of man, and the Divine and final authority for all Christian
faith and life. (II Tim 3:16,17).
2. We believe in one God, Creator of all things, infinitely perfect and eternally existing in three persons, Father, Son, and
Holy Spirit.(Deut 6:4; Mt 28:19; I Cor 8:6; II Cor 13:14).
3. We believe that Jesus Christ is true God and true man, having been conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin
Mary and lived a sinless life. He died on the cross a sacrifice for our sins according to the Scriptures. Further, He arose
bodily from the dead, ascended into heaven, where, at the right hand of the Majesty on High, He is now our High Priest
and Advocate. (Mt 1:18-25; Lk 1:35; I Cor 15:3-8; I Pet 2:24; John 1:1, 14; Isaiah 7:14; II Tim 1:15; Heb 9:11-15).
4. We believe that the ministry of the Holy Spirit is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ, and during this age to convict men,
regenerate the believing sinner, indwell, guide, instruct, and empower the believer for godly living and service. (John
3:3-5; 14:16,17; 15:26; 16:7-11,13,14; Gal 5:22-23; Titus 3:4-6; Acts 1:8; Rom 8:14).
5. We believe that man was created in the image of God but fell into sin and is therefore lost and only through regeneration
by the Holy Spirit can salvation and spiritual life be obtained. (Gen 1:26,27; 2:7; Isa 42:5; Acts 17:26; Mk 10:6; Rom
5:12-19; Eph 2:1-10; Titus 3:4-6).
6. We believe that the shed blood of Jesus Christ and His resurrection provide the only ground for justification and
salvation for all who believe, and only such as receive Jesus Christ are born of the Holy Spirit, and thus become children
of God. Salvation is not a result of good works but is given by Grace of God through Faith in Jesus Christ. (Isa 53; John
3:3-18; 14:6; Rom 5:1,9; 10:9; 3:21-28; Acts 4:12; Eph 2:8; Gal 2:16; Titus 3:5).
7. We believe that the Lord's Supper and Water Baptism are ordinances to be observed by those who have accepted
Jesus Christ as Savior. They are, however, not to be regarded as means of salvation. (Mt 3:15,16; 26:26-29; 28:19; I Cor
11:23-30; Rom 6:3-11).
8. We believe that the true church is composed of such persons who through saving faith in Jesus Christ have been
regenerated by the Holy Spirit and are united together in the body of Christ of which He is the Head. (Eph 1:23; 4:4-16; I
Cor 12:12-31; Col 1:18).
9. We believe that this local church, with Jesus Christ as the Head, the Holy Scriptures as the only infallible guide, and the
Holy Spirit as its Teacher, shall be responsible for governing its own affairs. (Eph 1:22,23; II Tim 3:16,17; John 16:13,14; I
John 2:27; Acts 20:28; Eph 5:23).
10. We believe in the personal and imminent coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and that this Blessed Hope has a vital
bearing on the personal life and service of the believer. (Rev 16:15; 22:12-21; I Thess 4:16-18; Mt. 16:27; 24:44; I Cor
3:8; 10:15; 4:5; Lk 12:37; II Pet 3:9-10; Acts 1:9-11).
11. We believe in the bodily resurrection of the dead; of the believer to everlasting blessedness and joy with the Lord; of
the unbeliever to judgment and everlasting conscious punishment. (Mt 25:46; Rev 11:18; 20:11-15; I Cor 15:35-44;
John 5:24,29;6:40,47; Dan 12:2; Rom 2:7; 6:23; Ezek 33:8-9).